Preventive dentistry includes practices, techniques, and specialized treatments that keep your teeth and gums healthy. They also help you avoid the need for complex and expensive dental treatments in the future.
At McCleery Dental in Bend, Oregon, we focus on encouraging patients to adopt proper at-home oral care routines and recommend regular dental examinations and teeth cleanings as well as preventive dental treatments and procedures to keep decay and damage at bay.
Benefits of Preventative Dental Care
- By following a proper oral health routine that includes daily brushing and flossing, you can significantly lower the risk of developing dental problems.
- Preventative dental care that includes regular dental checkups and teeth cleanings supports good at-home oral hygiene habits and offers additional protection against tooth decay or gum disease.
- Maintaining your oral health will also benefit your overall health.
- By identifying and fixing dental problems early on through regular checkups, you can avoid costly and complex treatments in the future.
- Preventative dentistry treatments like sealants or fluoride applications strengthen your teeth and protect them against decay and damage.
Preventative Dentistry Treatments at McCleery Dental in Bend, Oregon
At McCleery Dental, we offer the following preventative treatments:
- Professional Dental Cleanings
While brushing and flossing at home is efficient, it cannot remove all the plaque and tartar buildup in your mouth. The dental cleanings included in our regular dental checkups are performed using specialized tools and techniques. They help eliminate bacteria and accumulations from hard-to-reach areas and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Fluoride Treatments
At McCleery Dental, regular dental checkups also include fluoride applications. Fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel and lowers your risk of developing cavities.
- Dental Sealants
Dental sealant is a transparent coating applied to the deep grooves and pits of your back teeth. It prevents food and plaque accumulations and provides an extra layer of protection against decay or damage.
- Mouthguards and Nighguards
For patients who grind or clench their teeth or actively engage in contact sports, our team at McCleery Dental offers customized nightguards and mouthguards. They offer a comfortable fit and protect your teeth from damage or early wear.
- Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer can affect anyone at any age. However, early diagnosis of the condition can offer more treatment options and increase your chances of stopping its progression. At McCleery Dental, Dr. McCleery performs oral cancer screenings as part of routine dental checkups.
To learn more about preventative dental care, contact McCleery Dental at (541) 389-2905. You can also book your appointment online or visit our dentist in Bend, OR, at 2590 NE Courtney Dr. Suite 2, Bend, OR 97701.